Thursday, December 20, 2012

the need for sunglasses and a purple hat

I just love the idea of sunglasses in December! Today, again, I really needed them, as the sun was just bouncing on the bright snow! The roads are pretty good; the powder just kinda blows to the side, and it's cold enough that nothing is melting and turning to ice. I think it is about -15 degrees today, but for some reason it doesn't feel so cold - maybe cause of the sun, or maybe cause I am spending time inside! The sun streaming through the windows makes me want to take L and D out this afternoon for a sled ride. Maybe I'll do that. Mom and Dad set up their tree and got a new fireplace, and I've promised to pop over to see both. Poor Mom is in bed sick, though, so maybe today is not the best day for us to go for a visit.

I have been searching for the perfect hat. I couldn't seem to find anything that would both stay on my head covering my ears and be warm enough. I was kinda hoping to find purple, as my other accessories (scarf and mitts) are purple. Got a lovely Christmas parcel in the mail yesterday from M and lo and behold - there was the perfect, purple hat!! I couldn't believe it! She always puts so much thought and love into her gifts - I don't know if she intuited that I needed a perfect, purple hat, or if it was fluke, but I know that when you are close friends with someone, sometimes they just know what you need when you need it, without being told.

L was just starting to get comfortable with a little girl at school, and we were planning to invite her over for play-dates. She is basically L's best friend at school. Well today, this girl's dad told me that tomorrow is her last day at the school! They live in C and it is just too far to come; before, her mom was working close to the school so it worked out for her to come here, but now her mom has changed jobs. I am so disappointed for L, as this is really the only little friend she has. L doesn't even talk to her, but she is open to the idea of her, and wanted to invite her over. Yes, there are other little girls in the class, but none who is so friendly and gentle and kind as this one. I am praying that there will be another little friend for L. Someone close by, who she can play with outside of school time.

Speaking of, M needs a friend too, close by for outside of school time. His best friend at school is really not a very nice kid and quite a bad influence on M. I am hoping the holiday will give us some much-needed mom-and-me time to get him back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment