Saturday, December 1, 2012

tree up!

A brought home the Christmas tree this afternoon; it is now relaxing, preparing itself for being thoroughly decorated tomorrow afternoon! I told him to make sure it was at least 6 feet tall (after he brought home a little shrimpy one another year!), and it is - I think it is about 8 feet tall, which works in our living room. It is so much fun getting ready for the holidays with the children getting older. As I unpacked the box of decorations, there were multiple exclamations of "I remember that!" and "Can I hang that one up?"
We decided to work towards a "gift-less" Christmas - over the next few years. This year, the children will have stuffed stockings, but no gifts under the tree. Instead, they are each choosing an outing or event that the family can do together during the holidays. P has chosen to go to It's A Blast - a fun indoor playground and arcade in Regina. M wants to go bowling and L wants to go swimming. Hopefully we can convince Grandma and Grandpa to go along!
M and P played soccer this morning. P has one more week for this session. R was such a good coach for P's first soccer experience. We found out that P will have him again for the next session in January, which is awesome. M has JJ, which is so great - cause he learns so much from him. It's quite fun to watch M play now, as his skill is really improving.
So glad T is coming for Christmas! Wish A could make it, but he has lots to do.
Another sore throat and more coughing for me today. I don't know why it can't just leave me alone! Last night was horrible: D was up first, but not for long. Then P was up sick with stomach issues. Then I couldn't sleep for all my coughing! So, no sleep from about 3-6:30am. I really didn't want to get up at 7:30! Thank goodness for caffeine!

No comments:

Post a Comment