Wednesday, February 13, 2013

family night

This afternoon/evening is a school arranged "Family Night" of fun - skating, building snowmen, scavenger hunt, hot chocolate by the outdoor fire, etc. A's job was cancelled; I called in "absentee" for my pro-life meeting; M is going to skip out on soccer - and we're all going to GO! (The scrooge side of me wants to not bother, to stay inside where it is farm, and read books together, cuddled on the couch.)

P said to me the other day, "Why are you and Daddy married if you never get along?" Yipes! I laughed and said that sometimes it's hard to get along, but it doesn't mean you don't love the other person. And, I left it at that.

We have a Ukrainian man staying with us (father of a friend from church), doing some work on the renovations in the basement. He will be here a week or so, painting and laying the floor. Maybe putting in the kitchen, although it looks like it won't be delivered till after he goes, so we'll see. I am required to cook a proper lunch and supper for him every day, which A is also enjoying! Usually it is just sandwiches and do-it-yourself fare!


No comments:

Post a Comment