Thursday, February 28, 2013

peace

Last night, M had a soccer game and they WON! I was so disappointed to miss it, but Mom and A were away and the babysitter was busy, so Dad had to take him and I stayed home with the others. It really doesn't work to take the young ones to the indoor field, as there is nothing for them to do, and D likes to run onto the field and steal the cones or soccer ball! Anyway, there will be more games, I'm sure.

A guy from World Vision came to the door yesterday, doing door to door recruitment for sponsors. Well, I am a total suck when it comes to that! All he had to do was show me a few pictures of "desperate" kids, and I was signing the dotted line. I justified it by thinking "one kid sponsored for each of my children", as we already sponsor three. Reading about the life of the boy I chose, I felt like weeping at the excesses in our house. The boys and I talked about him before they went to sleep and, again, P almost cried wishing for an "Orthodox world". He asked me, "Mom, will heaven be an Orthodox world?" I said that it would be, but even better.

I started thinking about peace. I can't say that I wish for world peace, because world peace would mean that right and wrong had been abolished, that everything had become acceptable, that everything had become permissible, that morality had disappeared, that all were normal, that none were normal. I suppose this will happen under the influence of the antichrist. And of course, it will be beautiful and hopeful - and we will be lulled into a false sense of serenity. How scary!

Come quickly, Lord Jesus! [Revelation 22:20]


1 comment: