Thursday, February 14, 2013

be mine

I had the cutest little outfit for L to wear to school today for Valentine's Day. The children were supposed to wear red or pink to school; M did fine (red pants AND red shirt), but P doesn't have any red clothing that fits him, so he wore his favorite Mario shirt that has red sleeves! Good enough!

A gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a nice pot. I put them on the new fireplace mantle to be enjoyed by all. I went to the thrift store AGAIN today! Seems like I am there all the time, but they have their prices so low that people buy the furniture so quickly, and in order to get something, one almost has to check back daily. We are looking for a number of things for the house - a recliner chair for A for his office, a floor lamp for the living room, kitchen chairs, etc. Today I happened in at the perfect moment, and found a beautiful antique wardrobe!! Of course, A HATES antiques! Well, I managed to convince him that we need it for the guest bedroom (which means we can get rid of the white monstrosity that is in there now!) and he picked it up in his van and brought it home. Now I am just waiting till our house guest/worker goes home so I can get that room modified!

More snow this morning. Everything is so white and pretty in the sunshine.

We are having a friend from L's lass over in a few minutes for a play date. I just wish that the mom coming too didn't cause me so much anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment