Thursday, February 28, 2013

ice

Both of L's teachers were sick today, and so there were two substitute teachers in. Well, that didn't go over so well with nineteen 3-4 year olds! L actually did really well. I forgot she was Star of the Day, so she can take something for Show & Share tomorrow.

I was looking after K again today, as her mom is in Russia for a couple of weeks. I am amazed how nicely she and P played together all morning! They aren't that amiable at church!

Sold the wardrobe from downstairs - and got the antique one into the guest room. It looks so much better than that modern monstrosity! And it fits better too. A doesn't agree. Ha!

The kitchen came from Ikea, so A is taking tomorrow off work to set it up. Then I can get to decorating! I already have a canvas for the wall, and some cool dishes I found at the thrift store. I need to buy a rug for under the table and chairs, and a kettle and toaster. Maybe a set of cutlery. Good thing Zellers is closing soon - one can actually afford to buy new things at their discount prices!

M and I broke up some of the ice on the driveway this afternoon. It was quite therapeutic! It takes muscle, and pounding into something is a great tension release! There was about 3" of ice under the dusting of snow. Anyway, most of it is done now, and I guess the sun will work on the rest. Spring is definitely on the way! We were out with no coats again today. It is great!

1 comment:

  1. NEW KITCHEN!!!

    HOW EXCITING!

    Now you are REALLY tempting me for a visit ;)

    ReplyDelete