Tuesday, January 29, 2013

little popcorn

When M told me the other day that there were only 5 days left in the school year, I corrected him and said that there were 5 months left. He didn't think I was correct, until he checked with his teacher! This morning he admitted that yes, I was correct. I said, "Yep, Mommy's a smart cookie." He exclaimed, "Smart COOKIE??!!" I was sitting with D on my lap, putting on his shoes, and P came right over and started pretending to eat me. Then he thoughtfully said, "If Mommy is a smart cookie, then D is a little popcorn!" It has brought a giggle to me many times throughout the day!

I went out to Zellers this morning with P and D, while M and L were at school. Mailed some parcels and bought some discounted (store closing) items: kitchen rags, garbage bags, greeting cards, gift wrap, and stickers (for P). We were marveling all the way home how beautiful it was outside - the sparkles in the air, the white on white landscape, the sun outlining the frost/snow on each twig on each branch on each tree. Simply gorgeous!

I am pretty sure L needs some girl friends! Yesterday she asked me to play with her, and she had her Strawberry Shortcake dolls and her Fur-Real animals out. When I said okay, I would play with her, she handed me one of the dolls and one of the animals and said, "Yours are the bad guys and mine are the good guys!'' I explained that it was okay for all the dolls to be friends. Anyway, this morning I spoke to another mom at school and arranged to have her (very quiet at school, but outgoing at home) daughter and her over for a visit. Maybe the girls will click. They live close by, so that would be awesome for L.

No comments:

Post a Comment