Monday, January 21, 2013

monday

P said to me the other day, "Mom, if you die before me, I will pray for you." I was truly touched, since this had come right out of the blue. Then he said, "I will pray that you are having a good time in heaven, and that you have the Gospel." (!!) Not sure where his ideas come from, but they are sure cute!

The kids were sick yesterday, with a weird thing that lasted in each of them about 12 hours max and then disappeared. No vomiting, no coughing, no congestion - just sleepiness, light-headedness, loss of appetite, and headache. Anyway, M and L managed to go to school this morning, and P is definitely fine to go this afternoon. Thank God for good health, which is so easily taken for granted.

A wants to buy a lot on a lake. Not sure which lake yet. Mom and Dad want to go in half-and-half on the purchase. I am not in favor of the idea at all right now, as we don't have the money for it. But everyone is telling me to just calm down. In a few months, when A has incorporated his business and we start looking at lots, I guess there will be enough time to raise a stink.

I miss my friends. I need someone to hob-nob with on a weekly, if not daily, basis. I have been praying for God to please introduce me to some sweet, kind, Orthodox if it's not too much to ask, friend who, by the way, lives close by so it's easy to get together and hob-nob! Can't wait for M and J to come in March!! I hope little J lets me hold him!

M's Name's Day was on Saturday, and we had planned to go to Regina (him and I) for a movie after church yesterday. With the kids all sick, it didn't work, so I promised him we would go in a couple of weeks, and he and I went to the mall instead and picked him out a dollar-store gift. He very considerately bought something for P and L as well. Then we got a snack at the cafeteria and picked up a (sickeningly sweet) cake from Safeway on the way home. When we got home, he said, "Mom,
I had a good time with you." I need to schedule more one-on-one time with him. He needs it, and I need it!

P has soccer tonight. So glad he loves it.

A leaves tomorrow for a week away in E. Has to finish up a house there. Hope the roads are not too slippery for him; they have been horrible, due to the temperature fluctuating so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment