Friday, March 30, 2012

missing Grandma

My daughter wanted to push the automatic door open button at the mall, and a dear old lady on oxygen pointed out the button to her . . . of course that just made my two year old refuse to do it at all! Subtle attention is the only thing that works with my daughter right now. She doesn't like to be put on the spot, and she doesn't like being the center of attention. Hopefully as more words emerge, her confidence will grow and she won't be quite so shy. Although my Grandma wasn't on oxygen for very long before she died, seeing that old lady at the mall brought Grandma to mind. Goodness, I miss her so much. She was always supportive and encouraging towards me. She gave me confidence in myself, and I always knew she loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment