Saturday, March 31, 2012

good mother

We had my Grandpa's 94th birthday party this afternoon. Just my parents, my mom's cousin and her husband and us. We sat in the sun for hours and visited: laughing at my 10 month-old's tottering steps and my four-year-old's rendition of Johnny Reid's "Out of the Blue"! Lenten chocolate cake, made by my good mother - with strawberries and whipped topping. I appreciate my mother more every day, although our easily offended natures and sometimes clashing personalities makes it difficult to tell her so. Well, she knows I love her and hopefully knows I'm in her corner. She has a servant's heart, and a tireless energy - or so it seems. I don't know how many years it will be until she slows down and needs me to look after her more, but selfishly I pray it will be many. In the meantime, I have a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment