Friday, June 1, 2012

in-laws

I probably have the nicest in-laws in the world. And, I am not being sarcastic. A's parents arrived almost two weeks ago for a visit of undetermined length. They have a visa for six months, so they may stay that long. At this point, none of us know. Anyway, I am already feeling stifled in my space, and I have to push myself extra hard to be hospitable and gracious. They don't speak English, which is a challenge when A is gone for work. Mama likes to cook and clean, and I like to take it easy (although cooking and cleaning get done when  - but I sure feel guilty relaxing when she is always busy. A says to stop worrying - that I worry more than she does. It is really nice to see the kids enjoying the visit with their Ukrainian grandparents.

L had a little friend over today for the first time, which actually went really well. They were talking a bit and playing together nicely. We will have to do it more often; hopefully it will help L build confidence with her speech.

The kids are loving the sun, back after a week or so of rain and cold. Goodness, I thought we were back in the Lower Mainland for awhile there!

No comments:

Post a Comment